Monday, November 10, 2014

"I'm assigning you as District Leader, okay? You need to go as quickly as possible to your new area..."

On 10 November 2014 Elder Kamilos wrote:

Dear Mom and Dad,

So as you know well, this mission is just FULL of surprises, haha. So this morning as I was studying, I get a phone call from one of the Assistants, and so I answered the phone wondering what the news was. When I answered, I realized that it was NOT Elder Moraes (the assistant) but that it was President Nogueira!

President: "Elder Kamilos, how are you doing today?
Me: Uhh, great President, I´m fine.
Pres: Good, good Elder, and how are you doing with the commandments,
are you keeping the commandments? (At this point I was shaking, thinking What in the world did I do now??) But I answered honestly and
simply 'I´m keeping the commandments President!'
Pres: Wonderful, Elder. So today you´ll be going to Paratibe (another area in the same stake), and I'm assigning you as District Leader, okay? You need to go as quickly as possible to your new area.
Me: Uuuuhhhh, Okay President! I´ll be ready as soon as possible!
Pres: Thanks Elder, good work!
End call.

So after spending a week and a half with Elder Bezerra in José Américo, I´m now in Paratibe with Elder Pechel from Curitiba, Brasil, my NEW new companion! And I´m actually really excited, because this area is a neighbor to my old area, Valentina. I already know the Bishop and some of the members here, so I´m sure it´ll be a great experience working here.

As for the work this past week, it was an excellent week as far as finding and teaching, but it didn´t close very well because our investigators didn´t go to church. But the work goes on! At least Elder Bezerra knows the area very well, and we left a good area book all up to date. The Elder that took my place is Elder Gannaway, who was one of the Assistants until the switch today. I´m absolutely confident that he´ll do some great work in that ward, he´s an excellent missionary.

The temperature there is falling, while here it´s rising and rising! 35 degrees sounds wonderful, haha. But I´m used to the heat here, so it´s bearable. People are already putting up Christmas lights, which
is strange to me because it´s at least 100 degrees here. I´m definitely not in Utah this holiday season!

So that´s the news from me! Emergency transfers and all that. Hope all is well back home! I´ll have the news from the new area next week!

Love you all!

Elder Kamilos

No comments:

Post a Comment