Monday, November 3, 2014

"This is gonna be a great transfer!"

On 3 November 2014 Elder Kamilos wrote:

Dear Mom and Dad,

So it was a smooth transition from one area to another. I´m settled into the new apartment, and for sure it´s the newest and cleanest residence I´ve been in since I´ve been in Brasil!

The only news as far as the work goes is our one progressing investigator, Adriano. He´s 46 years old, and is REALLY searching for the true church. He always keeps his commitments as far as reading and praying, and he always asks really great questions. With the way things are going, it looks like he´ll be baptized this week or next week. Prospective priesthood bearer!

But other than that, there isn´t much, haha. The area book wasn´t very well put together when I got here, and so we just met a lot of dead ends. But we´re going to be doing a LOT of work this week to get a new teaching pool built up. Our ward mission leader is very very well organized, and he helps a lot with the work. We have SIX ward missionaries as well (WOOHOO!), so I see a lot of potential in this area. We actually have correlation every week, and on top of that our ward mission leader has weekly meetings with the ward missionaries to do lesson training straight from PMG. Our Bishop is really great too, and he has a good sense of humor. He encourages all of the members to give us references, and he even told us we can use his name to bug the members, haha.

I´m sure I´ll have more to talk about next week, concerning the work. But I´m doing really well here! Elder Bezerra is a great companion. He´s obedient, low-stress, and helps me a lot with learning the area and getting to know the people. He has 18 months on the mission, which at first I thought would make it hard for me to be senior companion, but he´s way humble, and he knows how to work, teach, study, and everything else. This is gonna be a great transfer!

Exciting to hear about Jessica and the team! And it sounds like fall is settling in nicely. The summer is starting down here, so the weather is going from hot to hotter, haha.

Love you all!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment