Monday, June 29, 2015

On Monday 29 June 2015 Elder Kamilos wrote....

Dear Mom and Dad,

Well this week was a powerful week for us in the Santa Rita Zone! We ended the month with all but one companionship having baptized during the month. We're certainly moving forward into the next transfer and month, and speaking of transfers, it turns out that I'll be spending my last transfer here in Bayeux with Elder Voorhies!!! It's funny, actually, because almost nothing changed in the zone, which is really great. I'm hoping to end my mission with fire!

Speaking on the new decision of the US Supreme Court, I don't find it all too surprising. Recently I've been digging into the scriptures and reading a lot of prophecies concerning the last days, and it´s amazing how vivid it becomes when we come to understand what the Savior and the prophets and apostles of the scriptures all warned against. I started reading the book of Isaiah last week, and I actually studied that exact chapter (chapter 5) on Saturday. I marked this scripture, and kept pondering on the present condition of the world. The second-coming of the Lord is swiftly coming. The signs testify of that truth. I've come to know and recognize what "apostacy" really means, and I am so grateful for the Restoration of the Gospel that continues to be realized.

As for me, I´ve never been happier or more content on my mission! As I look back at all that has happened, I realize just how much that I've experienced. These have been the best and most productive years of my whole life, and I'm going to miss Brasil so much. But I still have six weeks to make the most of it!

I love you all!!
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment